Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Balls, anyone?

Ok, so I'm in this class about Thai cinema, which has been pretty good so far, but today we watched a movie that was wack. My teacher didn't have anything planned for today, so he told us to e-mail him with some ideas. I looked online and found one that was supposed to be cool, but then I forgot to send my suggestion in, so I guessit was partly my fault we watched something so bizarre. Anyway, today's film was called tropical malady. It starts out with two guys hanging out and having a good time, and it quickly becomes apparent they have a little bit of a gay crush on each other. Ok, a pretty big gay crush actually. There are a bunch of cheesy lines about one guy giving the other his heart, and they stick their hands in each others back pockets, etc...Then all of a sudden, the second half of the movie begins. One of the two protagonists disappears, and the other(who happens to be a soldier) goes looking for him in the dangerous forest. Anyway, the ending was kind of interesting, but the part that got me all worked up was a little before, when for several minutes we watched one of the two guys runs around in the buff. I wasn't really looking even, but at one point there was definitely an exposed phallus. And, when he turned to run away you got a good shot of his balls too. My question is, who the crap voted to see naked man movie??

1 comment:

Colleen T said...

Glad I missed that one. That is motivation to get your suggestions in asap!-Mom