Friday, March 20, 2009

Silly hats?

Today I was in my Korean class and we were talking about what we are going to do over spring break. I told my teacher that my brother would come visit me from Utah. She then said, "hey isn't Utah the state that has that unique religion that wears the hats?" One of the kids in my class said "Jews?" and another suggested the Amish. Then we had to explain to her the difference between the Amish and Jewish hats. Eventually someone in class said "Oh! You must mean the Mormons!" My teacher was like- "Yes! the Mormons...what kind of hats do they wear?" I couldn't stop laughing during the whole exchange, but at that point I managed to take a breath and in a semi-composed manner explain that we don't wear any special hats at all. Pretty good stuff.

No comments: