Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome to Good Burger, Home of the Good Burger



I know it's Wednesday, but I had a great weekend, as it was of the extended variety. We had an extreme weather warning Friday, and school was cancelled (also, we got no more extreme weather than a few drops of rain). Then, with MLK day Monday our weekend was lengthened to 4 days.

I took this as an opportunity to get myself mostly settled in my new place, and to go eat a burger at the greatest restaurant I've ever been to…well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but it was a good burger joint nonetheless. It’s called Burgers on the Edge, or something like that, and it is delish. You start by picking your pattie, it can be standard chuck, Japanese Kobe beef, or if you’re a wussy vegetarian, a chicken breast. And if you’re a really wussy vegetarian, they have some kind of mushroom pattie thing too.

Next, you get to choose from a bevy of cheeses and sauces( only 1 of each, unless you want to pay more). I went with sharp cheddar and a garlic aioli. For those of you who don’t know, an aioli is basically just a fancy French name(well, I think it's french) for a garlic and olive oil sauce. So it didn't really need to be called "garlic aioli" because an aioli has garlic, by definition. But I digress. Lastly, you get 4 toppings to throw on this sucker for free. I got grilled onions, roasted red pepper, sundried tomatoes, and bacon. Mmmm Mmmm good! My friend and home-teaching companion Jon got bacon, bacon, bacon, and bacon on his.Here are the pics! Ok, actually, I don’t know how to put the pics from my phone onto my computer yet, so I’ll do it later.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

im so glad the burger joint was your highlight of your 4 day weekend! haha just kiddin, sounds yummie, and im glad you didn't get that expected crazy weather!

Katie said...

mmmm...sounds yummy. If Zach were there he would have gotten the same thing as your buddy-bacon, bacon, and more bacon! Hey didn't you get a web cam for Christmas, cuz if you did we need to use it.